FALA Volunteer Corps
FALA Volunteer Corps Retreat
Date/Time: Sunday, June 18th
Began: 2:30 pm (Yes, it’s Father’s Day. Happy…)
Estimated Length: 3 hours
Location:Joe and Deb’s House (in Doney Park)
In Attendance: Joe, Debbie, Larry, Bonnie, Terry, Joselyn, Susan, Alisa
What Do I Do and What Do I Want to Do?
- Current president, in charge of most everything
- Next year would like to do Communications Team Captain
- Website Maintenance
- Assist with emailers
- Writing articles for website – keep working to expand “Writing Team”
- Create a new “Texting Service”
- Interested in planning 1 social Event per semester (one in Fall and Spring)
- Has been Chairperson of Appreciation Committee –
- For next year would like to stay on committee but not be in charge (Possibly ask Gessica – Alisa and Susan should talk with her)
- Covered Office Desk during staff meetings – Continue to provide/find coverage for desk next year
- Assist with finding Volunteers for Task List (phone calling)
- Coordinated carpool list – Will continue coordinating the car pool list
- Treasurer – Will continue with Treasurer position
- Beautification Team Leader – Will continue as Beautification Leader
- Install Garbage/Recycle (from Grant) prior to school / School Cleanup
- Will plan/run two Beautification Days next year (Make a Difference Day and Earth Day)
- Recycle education program (as part of the Grant)
Susan – Will be President next year
- Joined Advisory Team this year.
- Helped with events (especially FALA Relax)
- Presidential Duties:
- Schedule Meetings (Advisory Meeting / Volunteer Event (Social Mixer and/or Volunteer Meeting)
- Create Agenda – and get other chairs to give reports
- Team Coordination (project
- Communicate with school (Admin, Teachers, …)
- Be the smiling face for the volunteer corps
- Has been the secretary.
- Agreeing to be “backup – secretary” or “co-secretary”.
- Will stay on Advisory, but doesn’t know if she can commit to being secretary.
Susan will call Lisa Coe about Secretarial position. Bonnie could be a fill in/Secretary if Lisa declines.
- Has been Newsletter person (on Communications Team), Music Rep, and helped Joe on a million things.
- Wants to work on Alumni Team
- Continue on Communication Team (for emailers)
- Supreme Volunteer helper
- Fundraising Team
- Graduation Days
Scott (not present – discussed)
- Joe expressed that he is good at thinking differently. Has helped figure out how to run and create things as Vice President.
- Has helped on numerous projects (working with Sherry)
- Has helped Larry with IT/Tech Support and Advise (on Internet, Google School, Chrome Books, …)
- Will he stay on as VP? On the Advisory team?
- Coordinate with Joe on Murder Mystery event?
Abigail (not present – discussed)
- We believe she will stay on in her current position as a Member of Advisory Team?
- Has helped be a “Writer” on the Communications Team.
2017-2018 School Year Planning
Registration Days (August 1st and 2nd)
- Susan will coordinate
- Our Volunteers are there to Welcome people and Give Directions
- Tell about Volunteer Corps (have a flyer)
- Carpool table/info displayed and helped (Debbie will supply stuff)
- Have a Laptop adding people’s contact information into our Chart
- Ask People what they wish to do for volunteerism this year.
- Help students/parents work on schedule changes with staff/admin.
- Possible Volunteers: Bonnie, Cassie, Nadia, Sherry, Lorelei, Alex Perry,… (Alumni are helpful)
- Tax Credit Table (Bonnie)
- Initial Work Meeting: Thursday, June 13th at 7 pm at FSM.
Volunteer Corps Activities
- Volunteer Meetings (2 to 3 per semester – Set-up by President)
- Social Events (Joe will coordinate 2 of these. Looking for an Event “Team Co-Captain” to do the rest.)
- Fall Event (Game Night?, Dance Night?)
- Murder Mystery Night (in Spring)
- Advisory Meetings (monthly – Set-up by President)
- Beautification Days (Setup by Debbie: Make a Difference, Earth Day, and prior to school for Garbage Receptacles)
School Oriented Events (where we help, but don’t run it)
- Orientation Days (attended by one or two key volunteers to welcome incoming families).
- Winter Dance (concessions table and support)
- Winter Music Event (concessions table and support)
- Theater Support? (discuss with Mike Levin – Didn’t do much this past year.)
- Gala Support? (provide volunteers and marketing)
- Spring Dance (concessions table and support)
- Spring Music Event (concessions table and support)
Advisory Team Business
The Fala Volunteer Corps has accepted Sherry Wood’s resignation as “Fundraising/Events Coordinator and Advisory Counsel” for the 2017-2018 school year.