FALA Volunteer Corps
The school year is winding down and yet it’s one of the busiest times of the school year! It’s the last push before summer. See you all at some of our amazing events at FALA!
FALA Volunteer Corps: Help the School, Create a Fun Community, and Be Involved With Our Kids!
Volunteer Planning Committee Agenda
Date/Time: Tuesday April 23rd @ 6PM
Location: The comfort of your own home or office via Google Hangouts
Attendees: Joe Bodin, Eli Cohen, Elena Russell, Tim Mahannah, Stasia Floley, Debbie Bodin, Shauntel Fitch
- Treasurer Report (Stasia Floley)
- Currently have: $968.34
- Executive Director Report (Eli Cohen)
- Round table follow up
- Good feedback. About 25 to 30 people.
- Appreciation: A few people that said they wanted to be involved in Appreciation. Discussion about using Signup Genius for it. Talk about upcoming Teacher Lunch dates at end of year. Wait a couple of weeks to send out sign up.
- Plan another one in early Fall.
- More in Buzz about topics that we discussed in Roundtable.
- People did seem really interested in Mental/Health issues at school.
- Upcoming Activities:
- Earth Day Campus Beautification and Chili Cook-Off Event on 4/27
- Status report
- Keep cook off?
- Cancel Cook-off end of event and keep Beautification.
- Change the Sign up to only have Beautification (Debbie)
- Get Joe text for the Emailer about cancellation
- Eli will send a special Buzz too.
- Debbie will want to put a “need muscle” text to go in Emailer.
- Sign up went out to 400 people, only 30% saw and 4% clicked. Deb thinks it may be that the sign up email was not customized when it went out to be more personal instead of the default text. Something to learn for future?
- Spring Dance Performance
- Signups – Good signups for Snacks and Flowers. Still need people for Tickets. Tim will plan to send another emailer with a “modified email” for the open slots.
- Other Performances (Tim)
- Music – mostly covered
- Team Reports
- Appreciation Team Report (Shauntel Fitch)
- Shauntel and Eli to take a look at the calendar for next year to plan out Teacher Appreciation days.
- May appreciation to be scheduled the last week of May.
- Plan year end gifts to teachers.
- Communications Team (Joe Bodin)
- Thursday emailer will be a bullet point list of every item of information I have for all of the events and activities coming up. If you want to make sure that something is in there please email it to me by 5 on Wednesday.
- Posted Rehearsal Scheduling & Communication
- Need Rehearsal Schedules for Music and Theater
- Eli will touch base with Corbin about the schedules
- Text Service? Eli will consider – Status
- Beautification Team Report (Debbie Bodin)
- Earth day- buying rock (in parking lot), Christi coming- advertised in Volunteer Corps email, FALA Buzz, emails to Coconino Master Gardener Association and Bellicia (president of environmental coalition club)…. special edition this week?
- Isaac Godwin and Reina Jasper senior project- FALA garden
- Events Team Report
- Nothing new to report
- Fundraising Team Report
- Nothing new to report
- MISC ITEMS:
- Tax credit campaign: revisit over the summer
- Fall BBQ: start organizing over the summer
Meeting ends at: 6:45
*Next meeting will be: Tuesday 5/7 @ 6:15 on Google Hangouts