Flagstaff Arts & Leadership Academy
Flagstaff Arts & Leadership Academy
Facebook

FALA Volunteer Corps

5/7 Volunteer Planning Committee Meeting Minutes

We’re wrapping up another great school year here at FALA! Your Volunteer Planning Committee will be working hard over the summer to make the 2019-2020 school year even better. Wondering how you can get involved for next year? Contact us here! We would love to have you!

 

FALA Volunteer Corps: Help the School, Create a Fun Community, and Be Involved With Our Kids!

Volunteer Planning Committee Meeting Minutes

Date/Time: Tuesday May 7th @ 6:15PM

Location: The comfort of your own home or office via Google Hangouts

Attendees: Eli Cohen, Joe Bodin, Debbie Bodin, Tim Mahannah, Josh Colvin, Elena Russell

Business Agenda

  • Treasurer Report (Stasia Floley)
    • Currently have: $968.34
  • Executive Director Report (Eli Cohen)
    • Included in items below
    • Volunteers for shows
    • Turnout for beautification
    • Future beautification/weeding
    • Summer movie nights
    • Planning for next year
      • Summer meetings set for June 11th and July 9th @ 6:15 via Google Hangouts
      • Items for summer agenda include: Schedule pick-up days, Fall BBQ, Fall Roundtable, tax credit campaign
  • Upcoming Activities:
    • Graduation: Friday, May 31st @ 4PM
    • Deidre sent out needs; Deb will create and send signup by Friday
    • Signup to include:
      • Set up
      • Drinks/snacks
      • Someone to maintain reserved seating rows
      • Ushers (with tissues)
      • Someone to direct seniors to the back area for rehearsal practice
      • Clean up
    • Summer movie nights
      • Eli to follow up with Brent
    • Performances (Tim)
      • Spring Music Concert raised $1,282.00!
      • Musical Theater performances at CCA: May 16th & 17th @ 7PM and May 18th @ 2PM & 7PM. Tim could use a little more help on Saturday night.
  • Team Reports
    • Appreciation Team Report (Shauntel Fitch)
      • Shauntel and Eli to take a look at the calendar for next year to plan out Teacher Appreciation days.
      • May appreciation to be scheduled the last week of May.
      • Plan year end gifts to teachers.
  • Communications Team (Joe Bodin)
    • Nothing new to report
  • Beautification Team Report (Debbie Bodin)
    • Turnout for Beautification- a little less than before, about 12 volunteers showed up. Not sure if the chili-cook off cancellation affected turnout…
    • Spent almost all of the grant money, any extra (about $30) will be used to purchase native plants to put in the wash.
    • Debbie will send out a Thank You soon.
    • All in all, it was a successful event!
    • Future beautification/weeding TBD
  • Events Team Report
    • Nothing new at this time
  • Fundraising Team Report
    • Nothing new at this time
  • MISC ITEMS:
    • Microwave Station (Joe): Joe has touched base with people at NAU about securing free a microwave to place on campus. He has forwarded the email correspondence to members of the Volunteer Planning Committee for feedback.
    • Tax credit campaign: revisit over the summer
    • Fall BBQ: start organizing over the summer
    • Fall Roundtable Event: Set for Saturday, August 17th from 2-4PM
    • Scheduling Days planning (August)

Meeting ends at: 7PM

*Next meeting will be: Tuesday, June 11th on Google Hangouts